DESTINATION AMERICA'S NEW SERIES "WHEN GHOSTS ATTACK" REVEALS THAT, SOMETIMES, WHAT YOU CAN'T SEE CAN HURT YOU
September 19, 2013
(Silver Spring, MD) - Watch WHEN GHOSTS ATTACK, if you dare. Destination America's all-new series flickers to life just in time for Halloween season to expose what happens when an unseen, evil entity not only reveals itself to the living but strikes with terrifying force. In the eight-episode first season of WHEN GHOSTS ATTACK, travel to the dark side of the paranormal world, where poltergeist activity - like objects moving on their own - is child's play compared to the torment of a malevolent demon. Told from the first-person perspective of the victims and their loved ones, each episode uncovers multiple ghostly attacks. Hear first-hand what went through the victim's mind as their experience escalated from threatening whispers and dark omens to scratches, shoves, and the anguish of having to live alongside their invisible enemy. WHEN GHOSTS ATTACK premieres October 20 at 10 PM E/P, following the season finale of A HAUNTING at 9 PM E/P.
"You might think you know the makings of a scary story - rattling chains and bumps in the night - but these aren't your average campfire tales," said Marc Etkind, general manager of Destination America. "WHEN GHOSTS ATTACK is like nothing you've ever seen, revealing shocking evidence and first-person testimony that ghosts don't just go ‘boo!' but can actually break the bounds of the spirit world to make violent physical contact with the living."
In the premiere episode, There's No Place Like Hell, sunset is upon the quiet town of Fayetteville, W.Va., as the Settle family unpacks their new home. For Lori Settle, a newly remarried mother, it's the start of an exciting new adventure as a homeowner. But just one week after moving in, Settle notices that her every move seems to be overshadowed by a macabre presence following her around the house. Strange occurrences begin to spook the family, but when the incidents become physical confrontations, Settle starts to fear that a deadly force is on the loose in her home. Then, in central New Jersey, Marsha Eden has finally found an apartment that she and her two daughters can call home. The setting couldn't be more ideal, despite being situated across the street from a creepy, abandoned mill. Soon strange voices heard in the dead of night turn into eerie encounters that the family fears they won't survive.
Other episodes include:
Deliver Us from Evil Spirits premieres Sunday, October 27 at 10 PM E/P **Halloween Episode**
- The Stinson family embodies the all-American dream. Joy and her loving husband, Jamie, are quietly raising their three beautiful daughters in Mt. Hermon, La. But soon after Joy visits a haunted plantation, wicked forces befall her home, turning it into a haven of demonic possession and brutal attacks.
- In Lennox, S.D., newlywed Jules Ness is offered a100-year-old Victorian home for next to nothing. With a small baby and even smaller budget, it is a deal that Ness and her new husband can't refuse. But the young couple soon discovers the house is not what it seems, when they encounter a diabolical entity seeking revenge for the home's violent past.
Wicked Warriors premieres Sunday, November 3 at 10 PM E/P
- The mountainous town of Pioneer, Calif., appears the perfect place for Keith Dovichi, his daughter, and his granddaughter to start anew. Everything seems to be falling into place until an enraged presence makes it clear the new family is unwanted. After hearing disembodied words of warning, Dovichi worries the family won't make it out alive.
- War veteran Chan Greer is excited to finally settle down in his new home in Cullman, Ala. But spine-chilling noises and glimpses of gruesome shadows begin to terrorize the new homeowner. It's not until his girlfriend is attacked that Greer realizes this is a battle not even war could prepare him for.
Attack from the Past premieres Sunday, November 10 at 10 PM E/P
- When a family gets the opportunity to move to scenic Frederick, Md., they jump at the chance. Little do they know they are moving in with evil entities that will do anything to scare them away. When the macabre presence violently threatens a priest, the family fears the vicious spirits will kill them.
- Over in Gloucester, Va., Brian Schiff and three friends discover an eerie, abandoned house with a local legend. When the door opens and creepily beckons them in, the friends are not prepared for the terrifying attack that plagues them.
- A Winchester, Va., estate with more than 150 years of history has its owners terrified and fearing for their safety after a ghost investigator experiences a violent encounter.
WHEN GHOSTS ATTACK is produced by Sirens Media, a Leftfield Entertainment Company, for Destination America. For Sirens, Valerie Haselton Drescher and Rebecca Toth Diefenbach are executive producers. For Destination America, Caroline Perez is executive producer, Marc Etkind is general manager, and Henry Schleiff is group president.
About Destination America
Destination America is the only network to celebrate the people, places, and stories of the United States. The inclusive network targeting Adults 25-54 is available in more than 60 million homes, emblazoning television screens with the grit and tenacity, honesty and work ethic, humor and adventurousness that characterize our nation. Destination America features travel, food, adventure, home, and natural history, with original series like BBQ Pitmasters, A Haunting, Epic, and Buying Alaska. For more information, please visit DestinationAmerica.com, facebook.com/DestinationAmerica, or twitter.com/DestAmerica. Destination America is part of Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 218 countries and territories.
# # #