MYTHBUSTERS MOVES TO SUNDAYS BEGINNING MARCH 25; NEW EPISODES KICK OFF WITH A DARING ESCAPE FROM A DESERTED ISLAND USING ONLY – YOU GUESSED IT – DUCT TAPE
February 28, 2012
Beginning March 25, MYTHBUSTERS kicks off all-new episodes on a brand-new night - Sundays at 9PM ET/PT - with a one-hour duct tape extravaganza. Duct tape has been a MYTHBUSTERS staple, but it's never been put to the test like this! In the March 25 episode, Adam and Jamie get abandoned on a deserted island, armed with nothing but the sticky silver adhesive. Can they use it to source water, find food, build shelter, and even escape? MYTHBUSTERS, which first launched on Discovery Channel in 2003, is hosted by Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage, and Tory Belleci, Kari Byron and Grant Imahara. Inspiring a generation to inquire, interact and get involved with science, MYTHBUSTERS uses a signature brand of explosive experimentation to prove or disprove popular myths, misconceptions or legends.
Additional Spring 2012 myths will include:
- A highly controversial myth: the "battle of the sexes" to find out who's better at navigating, grilling, loading a car, reading non-verbal cues and, of course, driving.
- The guys literally reinvent the wheel to find out if you can ever get a smooth ride in a car that has square wheels.
- In the movie Date Night, two cars have a fender bender with a difference: instead of crumpling, they become conjoined, leading to a crazy car chase sequence. But could two hooked-together cars really drive as one?
- Replicating a viral video, the MYTHBUSTERS find out what really happens when the mother of all flamethrowers faces off in a duel with the mother of all fire extinguishers.
- Can a dust cloud created by a foursome of 4x4 really blind the all-seeing eye of the latest military hardware?
- Is it possible to construct a rocket powered go-cart that won't blow up its rider?
- Adam and Jamie find out if driving in stilettos can really make you a hazard behind the wheel.
- Could someone survive jumping off a building wrapped in bubble packaging?
- Can you really use a rocket-powered ejector seat to flip an upside down sports car a la James Bond?
FAN SITE: http://discovery.com/mythbusters