EVIL WITH POWER: ID’S NEW SERIES UNTOUCHABLE: POWER CORRUPTS DELVES INTO THE DARK UNDERBELLY OF AUTHORITY
June 24, 2015
(Silver Spring, Md.) - A powerful résumé and a charming smile can be the keys to success-but they can also be beguiling tools to mask a cold-blooded killer. Investigation Discovery's (ID) new series UNTOUCHABLE: POWER CORRUPTS offers an inside look into how a taste for power can turn into a thirst for blood, featuring the perplexing journeys of seemingly good citizens to corruption. Premiering Thursday, July 9 at 9/8c, this six episode series uses chronological reenactments and expert commentary to tell the stories of people whose ambition, authority and sense of entitlement drove them to abuse their power-and ultimately do the unthinkable.
Each hour-long episode of UNTOUCHABLE: POWER CORRUPTS gives viewers a front-row seat to the cat-and-mouse game pitting the police against the perpetrators who believe they are above the law. The premiere episode airing July 9 at 9/8c features a collection of strange but seemingly unrelated events- a star gymnast recovering well from a car accident dies suddenly in her hospital bed in Columbus, OH; a tough war veteran battling a mild form of cancer takes a fatal turn for the worse in Northport, NY, and a Quincy, IL paramedic crew struck down by a series of mysterious illnesses. These tragic occurrences appear isolated and random, until nurses discover evidence that Dr. Michael Swango, a trusted and well-liked surgeon, is somehow involved in each. Dr. Swango leads investigators on a deadly game of ‘catch me if you can'-but as law enforcement closes in, the doctor remains one step ahead.
Other episodes of UNTOUCHABLE: POWER CORRUPTS include:
• "House of Pain" Premieres Thursday, July 16 at 9/8c Detective Jon Burge has a gift for closing even complex cases with a confession. So when allegations about his interrogation methods surface, they are ignored or dismissed until an explosive tip-off suggests that Burge is hiding a sinister secret.
• "Teflon Joe" Premieres Thursday, July 23 at 9/8c By infiltrating the shady but glamorous world of cocaine dealers and drug mules, Joe Miedzianowski has become one of the best Gangs and Guns cops in the Chicago PD. But a series of suspicious events leads the FBI to wonder exactly whose side Miedzianowski is on.
• "Courtroom Killer" Premieres Thursday, July 30 at 9/8c New Jersey defense lawyer Paul Bergrin is the go-to-guy for criminals looking to stay out of jail. When he takes to extreme measures to win unwinnable cases, the Feds suspect that Bergrin has become more dangerous than the clients he represents.
• "Mobster Cop" Premieres Thursday, August 6 at 9/8c In an Illinois town in the grip of the Chicago mob, Police Chief Michael Corbitt is surrounded by temptation. A string of extortion scams, violent crimes and a deadly extramarital affair prompts investigators to suspect that Corbitt has been lured in.
• "Ballot and Bullet" Premieres Thursday, August 13 at 9/8c After swapping police work for politics, Sidney Dorsey ascends to a position of enormous power - the Sheriff of DeKalb County. Amid claims of corruption, a political rival emerges to challenge Sheriff Dorsey's authority. With careers and reputations at stake, people are pushed to unspeakable acts in order to maintain their grip on power.
UNTOUCHABLE: POWER CORRUPTS is produced by Our House Media. For Our House Media, Simon Lloyd and Joe Houlihan are executive producers. For Investigation Discovery, Max Culhane is executive producer, Sara Kozak is senior vice president of production, Kevin Bennett is general manager, and Henry Schleiff is Group President.
About Investigation Discovery
Investigation Discovery (ID) is the leading mystery-and-suspense network on television and America's favorite "guilty pleasure." From harrowing crimes and salacious scandals to the in-depth investigations and heart-breaking mysteries that result, ID challenges our everyday understanding of culture, society and the human condition. One of our nation's fastest growing cable networks, ID delivers the highest-quality programming to more than 86 million U.S. households and is available in both high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD). For more information, please visit InvestigationDiscovery.com, facebook.com/InvestigationDiscovery, or twitter.com/DiscoveryID. Investigation Discovery is part of Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than 2.7 billion cumulative subscribers in 220 countries and territories.
About Our House Media
Our House Media is a North American content creation company with a mission to create entertaining and returnable content with the highest production values for audiences in the US, Canada, and beyond. With decades of experience and an enviable track record of long-running hit shows, co-founders CEO Simon Lloyd and President Joe Houlihan offer a fresh approach to non-fiction content with a focus on great casting and compelling storytelling. Currently, OHM is producing 85 hours of television and has an additional 10 projects set up at various broadcasters in Canada and the U.S. OHM opened its doors in Toronto, Canada in 2014. Visit www.ourhousemedia.com and follow Our House Media on Twitter @ourhousemedia.