THE AGE OF AEROSPACE EXPLORES SPACE TECHNOLOGY ADVANCEMENTS AND PREMIERES ON SCIENCE CHANNEL FEB. 1
All-New Series Recounts the History of Boeing
January 22, 2016
THE AGE OF AEROSPACE, a five-part series sponsored by Boeing, will explore the advancements in civilian, military and space technology around some of America’s greatest achievements, premieres on Science Channel Monday, Feb. 1 at 8PM.
THE AGE OF AEROSPACE also chronicles the history of aerospace company Boeing and its heritage companies and will air in its entirety in February with the following episodes:
- What Can't We Do?The premiere episode reveals how Bill Boeing, Donald Douglas, James McDonnell and their contemporaries took the invention of the airplane and forged an industry, delivering advancements in communication, transportation, and warfare
- Miracle Planesdetails the role American industry and planes, including the B-29 Superfortress, North American P-51 Mustang and the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, played in the Allied victory over Germany and Japan
- Shrinking the Earthexplores three planes that launched the jet age: the B-47 bomber, the Boeing 707 and the 747 Jumbo Jet, the world's first jumbo jet that reshaped global air travel. These three planes were made possible by secrets discovered in a German Forest at the close of WWII
- In the Vastness of Spacetells the story of Project Apollo, which accomplished landing the first humans on the Moon, and humankind’s first journey to the Moon on Apollo 8. Other topics include humanity’s future in space
- Dreamlinerreveals the technology, resources, and risk required to build commercial aircraft in the modern world through the story of the most recent revolution in jet design, the 787 Dreamliner.
THE AGE OF AEROSPACE is produced by The Documentary Group where Tom Yellin and Mark Obenhaus serve as Executive Producers with Susan Schaefer as senior producer and Alison Hockenberry as producer . It was written and directed by Mark Obenhaus. For Science Channel, Wyatt Channell serves as Executive producer. Boeing serves as the series sponsor.