DODO HEROES Season Two Premieres in the U.S. Saturday, June 1 at 9PM ET/PT
The series which captivated global audiences by spotlighting the powerful bonds between animals and humans returns for a second season featuring new stories of animals in need across the globe and the people who go to extraordinary lengths to help them. DODO HEROES Season Two will feature people helping kangaroos, seals, wombats, elephants and other animals from around the world, including Ireland, U.S., Kenya and Australia. DODO HEROES premieres in the U.S. Saturday, June 1 at 9PM ET/PT.
DODO HEROES launched in June 2018 as Animal Planet’s first-ever global series premiere in addition to being Group Nine’s first-ever TV project. The compelling and moving storytelling reached 36MM viewers worldwide and delivered new audiences to the network in the U.S. with 1 in 5 viewers of the series being new to Animal Planet.
This season, audiences can also head to Animal Planet GO, YouTube, and Facebook to experience a DODO HEROES mid-form series highlighting animals from each rescue organization, in addition to in-depth profiles focusing on ancillary characters from each episode -- available via Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
DODO HEROES Season Two will feature:
- Seal Rescue Ireland - Melanie Croce, Sam Brittain, and a devoted team of volunteers at Seal Rescue Ireland, the only seal rescue organization in The Republic of Ireland, experience their busiest season when massive storms coincide with seal pupping season. When the storms hit, they provide around-the-clock care to rehabilitate orphaned baby seals so that they can survive in the wild.
- Project Freedom Ride – Seven-year-old Roman McConn has become an internet sensation, creating viral videos with rescue dogs in the hopes of getting them adopted out of kill shelters. To date, he and his mother Jen have re-homed 1,500 dogs across the country through their organization Project Freedom Ride, which transports dogs to their new forever homes.
- Twist of Fate Farm and Sanctuary – After rescuing two horses from a life of abuse and neglect, Ashley DiFelice started Twist of Fate Farm and Sanctuary in 2012. Along with her 5-year-old son Deacon, she has saved more than 100 farm animals, providing them with a happy and healthy life on the green pastures of her farm. Now, after rescuing two dwarf ponies, Cute Cumber and Pumpkin, Ashley and Deacon have a plan to bring these ponies together to make the perfect family.
- Sheldrick Wildlife Trust - The Sheldrick Wildlife Trust is a conservation organization that has a history deeply rooted in protecting Kenya’s wildlife. Julius Shivegha rescued and cares for Malkia, an orphaned baby elephant who lost her mother at 6-months-old, as part of the organization’s Orphans Project. In time, Malkia will graduate from the Sheldrick nursery and move back to the wild in Kenya’s Tsavo National Park.
- Sleepy Burrows Wombat Sanctuary - Rehabilitating injured and orphaned wombats is the primary goal at Sleepy Burrows Wombat Sanctuary in New South Wales. Run by Donna Stepan, her husband Phil Melzer, and their two daughters, the family sets their sights on teaching the wombats the necessary skills so they can be released back into the Australian bush. But first, they must save the fragile lives of two baby wombats, Nomad and Sizzle.
- Our Haven Wildlife Shelter – Lisa the baby kangaroo was only a month old when she was orphaned in Australia and came into the care of Tony and Theresa Matthews, who spend their time rescuing eastern grey kangaroos and swamp wallabies until they’re released back into the wild. Thanks to Tony and Theresa’s rescue, Our Haven Wildlife Shelter, the kangaroos, including Lisa, will stay in excellent hands until they regain their strength for release.
The first season of DODO HEROES can be viewed in its entirety by audiences in the U.S. on the Animal Planet Go app.
DODO HEROES is produced for Animal Planet by Group Nine Studios and The Dodo, in partnership with Nomadica Films. For Nomadica Films, Jared McGilliard and John Collin are executive producers. For The Dodo, Izzie Lerer is executive producer and YuJung Kim, Joanna Zelman, and Matt Pickar are producers. For Animal Planet, Keith Hoffman is executive producer and Sarah Russell is supervising producer.
About Animal Planet
Animal Planet, one of Discovery, Inc.’s great global brands, is dedicated to creating high quality content with global appeal delivering on its mission to keep the childhood joy and wonder of animals alive by bringing people up close in every way. Available to 360 million homes in more than 205 countries and territories, Animal Planet combines content that explores the undeniable bonds forged between animals and humans, optimized across all screens around the world. In the U.S., Animal Planet audiences can enjoy their favorite programming anytime, anywhere through the Animal Planet Go app which features live and on-demand access. For more information, please visit www.animalplanet.com.
About The Dodo
The Dodo is the #1 digital media brand for animal people. We’re committed to creating fun, entertaining, emotional, animal-related content — everything from cute, shareable videos to heartwarming rescue stories and meaningful advocacy pieces. Our audience is everyone who loves animals, from people who are obsessed with their pets all the way to people dedicating their lives to making the world a better place for animals. The Dodo is the #1 most engaged with media brand on mobile. In December 2016, The Dodo joined forces with NowThis, Thrillist and Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- a global top 10 publisher.
About Nomadica Films
Nomadica Films is a full-service entertainment production company run by partners Jared McGilliard, David Clawson, and John Collin Jr. Before starting Nomadica in 2016, the team was the creative force behind several highly rated and critically acclaimed hits on National Geographic, Discovery Channel, and Animal Planet, among others. Nomadica specializes in projects that take place at the ends of the earth, in some of the planet's most remote and difficult environments. The team aims to create intensely intimate human stories with a rich, cinematic, and original style and perspective.
Discovery, Inc. (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year and has category leadership across deeply loved content genres around the world. Available in 220 countries and territories and nearly 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens, including TV Everywhere products such as the GO portfolio of apps; direct-to-consumer streaming services such as Eurosport Player and MotorTrend OnDemand; digital-first and social content from Group Nine Media; a landmark natural history and factual content partnership with the BBC; and a strategic alliance with PGA TOUR to create the international home of golf. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, MotorTrend, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe. For more information, please visit corporate.discovery.com and follow @DiscoveryIncTV across social platforms.
Some of the media you are attempting to download are from Networks that limit downloads to 5 per day.